Monday, August 31, 2009

What's Crackalackin?

I have been playing tennis regularly for the past year with a group of friends. This summer we decided we were ready for the big time (ha!) and decided to compete in the local USTA 5.0 women's doubles league this fall. (5.0 means that we are all individually ranked at 2.5...which is pretty much as low as it goes!) Last Friday was our first game. I was so nervous, my hands were shaking and I thought I was going to throw up, but we played really well and we won!! In fact all three of our doubles partnerships won their matches. Which puts us at the top of the league right now (one week in...we'll see if we can maintain that position!) Not too bad for a new team, though.

Please note, I did NOT pick these skirts, someone with considerably more adventurous fashion tastes (my friend Michele) did. Don't we look like a bunch of wild and crazy gals?

Crackalackin'

Look at these fierce ladies. We'll strike fear in the hearts of our opponents.

Crack2
*Apparently "What's Crackalackin'?" is a reference to Madagascar 2...that's what the zebra says. And now, that's what I hear in my head when ever I don my nifty zebra skirt.

4 comments:

The Reno Rowdies said...

I LOVE this! And I actually think the skirts are fun! Glad to see you guys are doing well!

Connor Thompson said...

hurray! Way to go. I bet you are having so much fun!

Scott Fam Dam said...

You are awesome! I suck at tennis. I have been trying my whole life to be good at it and it just doesn't work for me. I wish I could have been there to cheer you on!

David & Vanessa said...

I absolutely love the skirts. How awesome. I wish I could find cool people to play tennis here with!