Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Good-bye Little Green Crocs

20090815-20090815-DSC_0246

These little shoes have finally bitten the dust. They've been Oliver's favorites for a year and a half (there are some advantages to having kids who don't grow very fast), and he's had plenty of adventures in these little green shoes. I almost hated to throw them away (which I did before someone mentioned that Crocs could be recycled). So good-bye green Crocs, hello...blue Crocs. Did you really think I would give up shoes that are designed to not pick up funky feet stench?! No way! Little boys may look cherubic, but their feet still stink.

3 comments:

Abigail said...

I hope that the awesome Lising Feen decals have not bitten the dust as well!! Oh, I miss those boys and their little feet.

Robin said...

I didn't know those shoes avoided foot odor. Good to know. I will remember that when I have little boys! I love reading your blog. Your boys are so adorable. I wish you lived down the street so I could watch them grow up and we could have play dates. I had read a while back about the cake you made Elliot for his first birthday. I made a cake for somebody today and copied yours!

Anna and Ryan said...

Robin, you are so sweet! I wished you lived down the street so WE could hang out, too! I'm glad that orange-vanilla cake with blueberries inspired you. A few people asked for the recipe and I was too embarrassed to admit that 1) I didn't use a recipe so it would be pretty hard to replicate and 2) I used a cake mix as the base (I "embellished" a Betty Crocker white cake mix). I know, I am a total cheater. And now I've gone and blown my own cover. I'm glad you were able to get the gist of it and make your own version.