Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Afternoon Bath Party

20090818-20090818-DSC_0261  20090818-20090818-DSC_0276 20090818-20090818-DSC_0291 20090818-20090818-DSC_0283 20090818-20090818-DSC_0267  20090818-20090818-DSC_0274

Sometimes (ok, almost every day) by the afternoon I have just had it. I am tired. The house is a mess. I can't possibly field another request for candy or TV time (it is NON-STOP). The neighbor kids are coming and going, dripping popsicles and echoing the requests for candy or treats. The screen door is slamming. Except when it's not, and that's because Elliot's leg is stuck in the door frame. Kids are upstairs, kids are down stairs, kids are next door...but where's Elliot?!? Wandering off to find a ball or dog to play with. AHHHH!!! I've heard a quote that parenting is like having a bowling alley installed in your head. Most afternoons, that's precisely how I feel.

So, in order to keep the kids contained and maintain my sanity we have instituted Afternoon Bath Parties. The boys love it and it actually helps because it gets a jump on our evening routine...except that Elliot generally needs another bath after dinner. (See photos below).

4 comments:

Lynnie said...

Love it. I have only done this a few times since, as you said, they usually need another bath by dinner time. But the afternoon sure does go by quickly, and, if you're really good, you can read half a magazine while they're dumping water all over the floor.

Anne-Marie said...

Anna-

I love the bathtub too. I used to put the boys in there regularly to pass time before Brad came home. They never tired of it.

Elliot reminds me of Sawyer. He was always on the go and loved to make messes. He wore me out, but I thought he was adorable!

David & Vanessa said...

Anna, these are precious!!! I can't get enough of all your cute stories and pictures.

David & Vanessa said...

Anna I love it! I can't get enough of your cute stories and pictures! So sweet.