Oliver was really excited to play soccer this spring and by a stroke of good fortune we were able to get him onto a team even though the league registration closed months ago. Incidentally, this team is made up of all the kids whose parents missed the deadline...which makes me VERY comfortable. I'm in my element. Slacker parents unite!! The coach seems awesome. His first tip for these budding Peles and Ronaldinhos was "the guys on the other team will be wearing different shirts." Yeah, so if they can keep that in mind, and remember which goal is theirs they should be in good shape. Oliver is really excited about the IDEA of playing soccer but he is not too keen on participation when it comes right down to it. Here he is not doing push-ups with the rest of his team (the Comets).
What he does love to do is swing on the swing set. He and Elliot have a blast in the front yard. Hopefully at some point it will stop raining and warm up so we can enjoy more time outdoors.
5 comments:
That was soooo Walker. He did not like soccer. Although he now says he loves it. He did Fall Soccer and he didn't like to take the ball away from the other kids and really disliked it when they took it from him. :) We'll work on competitiveness later on.
FUnny, funny. I even tried coaching AVa's soccer team to get her to play and it was a big flop. But she really liked the uniform (at home to wear to bed) and the treats after the games. Cool swing out front!
The house looks awesome, Anna! I love Ollie opting out of the push-ups. That's my kind of sports! Ann is already asking when Harper can start swimming lessons. You should see the number of baby Nike shoes we have for her....ready to play basketball at any moment. Hope you guys are settling in!
Oliver is so darn cute. I love that he is standing there while the rest of the team was doing pushups. It looks like you have a nice house in TN? are you liking the house? I was cracking up at Ryan's post about the mini van. Most especially at the conversations about new technology or things. I am so like you. I always say "what I have is fine, I don't need something new." We have heard so many people say " We swore we would never get a minivan but we found it to be the best option out there and now we love it." In fact Nate Woolf was just over a month or so ago and he and his wife had just bought a mini van. He was making fun of himself. Pretty funny. We have plenty of room if you want to come enjoy the warm sunshine!!!
Hey Anna!
We miss you!
Love the push-ups. I coached Henry's team last fall. I used plastic dinosaurs and a puppet to get them to do what I wanted. :)
Post a Comment