Despite the fact that we are so far from so many of the people we love we are actually really enjoying our first 5 weeks in Nashville. Last night Ryan and I went out on a much needed "date night" and checked out the local music scene. Actually, we probably checked out the tourist music scene since it was Saturday night on the main honkytonk strip, but no matter, it was fun and we heard some really awesome live music. We went to a place called Robert's Western World and heard some "traditional" country music. Here's a video clip of the band.
OK, we OBVIOUSLY (oh, on SO many levels) did NOT participate in Nude Karaoke, but we thought it was worth documenting that this sort of thing goes on here in Nashville, TN. It struck us as funny that some people might actually SEEK OUT the opportunity to sing naked in front of a crowd of strangers. Really, I can't IMAGINE a more humiliating experience...I mean, don't people have nightmares about this type of thing? What kind of bizarre torture would that be? I shudder to think.
4 comments:
You'll have to look out for one of my favorite artists. He's from Nashville, Griffin House. I haven't seen him live yet, but I love his music. :)
Jealous. I'm jealous. John just walked into the kitchen and I told him I'm going to Nashville. He told me he's going for a whole different reason - he says he's picking up goats sometime in May. I'll call you.
That would be pure torture. Bad Kareoke is unbearable and we all know that there is "good naked" and "bad naked."
Definitely, bad naked!
Do you know the oringin of "Karaoke"? As everybody knows it is Japanese, but few Japanese know the origin. "Kara" means empty, and "Oke" is abbreviation of orchestra. Originally, karaoke was used amongst band members as "no singer," and then has widely known as the current meaning!
Post a Comment