Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Pics

We got a new camera, which is great...except I don't know how to use it. I guess I could read the manual--Ryan has, eager beaver overachiever --which is why he is the only one taking pictures these days.  So while I unproductively sit and wonder how I'm going to figure out how to use the camera Ryan has enjoyed having the camera to himself and not having to hear my unsolicited opinions about family photography.

 20100403-20100403-_DSC0341

This is an actual picture Ryan took last night of water dropping into a bowl of water. Pretty cool. Ryan wants to credit Tim Embody for his photo equipment and help.

But he has also taken some great pictures of what I find to be MUCH more appealing subjects...Oliver and Elliot. Here are some from an Easter egg hunt last weekend at a friend's house and our own little Easter egg hunt this morning at home.

   20100327-20100327-_DSC0651 20100327-20100327-_DSC0664 20100327-20100327-_DSC043720100327-20100327-_DSC0427  20100327-20100327-_DSC0445 20100327-20100327-_DSC0463  20100327-20100327-_DSC0457 20100327-20100327-_DSC0691  20100404-20100404-_DSC0204 20100404-20100404-_DSC019120100404-20100404-_DSC023920100404-20100404-_DSC027420100404-20100404-_DSC028320100404-20100404-_DSC0278  

And this is my favorite one of all. Man, I love this kid. He is just so dear. He has taken to showing his love for me by picking me "beautiful yellow dandelions." He brings me handfuls of them and asks "Do you love me?" I tell him that of course I love him and that his flowers make me so happy. Since he picks just the blossoms (no stems) I can't  exactly put them in a vase, but he wants me to keep them, so we float them in bowls of water. It's not exactly a Martha Stewart arrangement, but you can't beat the sentiment.  20100321-20100321-_DSC0398

Actually Oliver doesn't always feel so loving towards me. Sometimes he gets really angry with me and tells me that he  a) wants me to "go to jail for all night long" or b) will "put me in a volcano" neither of which sound particularly appealing. He also tries to lay down ultimatums (or give "consequences" in the current parenting parlance), but his early attempts are laughably pathetic. He doesn't really understand that the "consequence" should be something that impacts the other person, not himself. So he will say things like, "Mom, if you put me in time-out I will not play with my toys ever again!!!" Or "If you make me go to bed I will never do anything fun again!" I love that he imagines that somehow HIS not having any fun would be punishing for ME

4 comments:

Lynnie said...

Uh oh , i'm getting camera envy....

Beautiful picture, especially of you Anna! Happy Easter!!

Abigail said...

Happy Easter, lovely Halversons. I am sorry that Oliver continues to be fus-ter-ated at times, requiring him to think about punishing you by taking away his own toys: I think being 4 seems hard sometimes. At least he's got lots of reasons to smile.

Anne-Marie said...

Anna-

This picture of Oliver and you is so adorable and precious. You are a wonderful mother!

Amazon Mama said...

Anna! I love the things Oliver says. That's why junior primary is the best place to be!