I recently discovered a great resource for fun "art projects": these books by MaryAnn Kohl.

These are not crafts books in the sense that there is not a cute finished project to hang on the fridge, but rather they provide ideas for creative play: kids get messy, explore materials and create...well, something. There are SO many good ideas. Oliver has had a lot of fun this week working on mixing colors and making tin-foil sculptures. I didn't get a picture of his tin foil creations, but he made a hat out of a sheet of tin foil of which he was justifiably rather proud. He was in seventh heaven with the color mixing project. He loves playing with water and mixing things in the kitchen, so this was a perfect project. He happily mixed and poured while I did some sewing and Elliot napped. He was so focused and kept saying "I just need ONE more sing" and then would go get a whisk or a measuring spoon or a ladle. The medicine syringe dispensers worked really well.
3 comments:
You are the best Mom!
How is anyone supposed to focus on anything when Oliver is running around wearing a tinfoil hat doing his gardening?
I wish that reading your blog were my full time job.
Good times!
Have you looked into "play learning" preschools?
These are the types of things they do.
Post a Comment