This is Anna again...
Today was my first day at home alone with the two boys. My mom came out before I even left the hospital and stayed with us for 10 days. It was so great to have her here, not only to help out with Oliver and Elliot, but also to keep me company during the day. I was really nervous when she left. I started crying before I took her to the airport. I think that freaked Oliver out but he tried to comfort me by bringing me his cement mixer (doesn't that make everything better?!) I was so touched by his sweet little attempt to cheer me up that I actually cheered up.
Anyway, today wasn't so bad. I was really nervous, but it actually went really well. We spent most of the morning in the backyard. Ollie was content to hit balls off the t-ball stand and make mudpies in his water table while I nursed Elliot. Ollie is proving to be a very sweet big brother. He loves to watch the baby and gives him gentle touches or kisses on the head. When Elliot cries Ollie insists that he needs his "pacie fider" and helps put it in Elliot's mouth. Ollie and Elliot both went down for a nap in the afternoon and so I was able to get some things done and take a short nap myself. Then in the late afternoon all the neighbor kids were out playing together so Ollie played with them while I took care of Elliot. It all seemed to go so swimmingly...so I'm bracing myself for a topsy turvy day tomorrow, because, really, that's just the way things go.
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
wow, you did it....I think the first day is always the hardest. Congrats.
Give me a call!
I'm amazed that you found time to post! I don't think I ever felt "together" enough to do that. Oliver sounds so cute with Elliot. I can't wait to meet Elliot. Hang in there . . . there are good days and bad days.
I ALWAYS cry when my mom leaves after having a baby. I just expected to have a bad day so then when it went well I was happy. Congratulations to your new addition. He is adorable. Can't wait to see you guys in Hawaii.
that first day is always scary, like all the firsts, like the first time you take both of them on an airplane or drive somewhere far without Ryan. But it always turns out fine, and it sounds like you have been blessed with two very sweet boys!
Congrats on making it! You're a pro already!
Rachel
you can do it! keep up the amazing work, anna. i'm totally awed by you.
until soon!
It's tough when the momma leaves. . so glad it was a good day. BTW, are you sure you just had a baby? You look fabulous!! Hope to see you guys in July.
I can only imagine how scary it is to take on two kids by yourself for the first time. Glad it was a good day that gives you hope! You are amazing at everything you do, I am sure you take everything in stride being a mom. wish we could see your little ones in person.
Hey Ryan and Anna! I found your blog and all of the Halverson boys, it seems. . . . this is Amber (Ballstaedt) Eggett, Ryan's cousin. I haven't seen you guys since a couple of years ago at the cabin for the Ballstaedt reunion. Congrats on #2, Elliott. He is so adorable! I think he looks like Ryan. Oliver is getting so big and so cute too! If you email me then I will have blogger send you an invite to my blog. Love, Amber
amberdonn@gmail.com
eggettbabies.blogspot.com
Hey Anna! I am so glad you are recovery well and everything is so far going smoothly. It looks like Oliver wont be the jealous type! I think the anticipation of doing it all yourself is more overwhelming than when it actually arrives. You're a great mom!
Post a Comment