Thursday, May 15, 2008

Nesting

So we are 6 days away from my official due date. The only signs I've had that this baby may soon make his appearance is an unusual desire to engage in homemaking projects. Oh, yes, I have busted out my long-neglected sewing machine and have made enough strawberry jam to feel a small army. Besides that I have also really enjoyed simply being at home. Usually I tend to go a little crazy if I have to spend the whole day just at home. I get cabin fever by about 10:00 in the morning so I'll pack Ollie up and head out somewhere (anywhere!)...to the park or a museum or to meet up with a friend, but these days I've just wanted to stay at home and be. It's kind of nice. The weather has been beautiful and I like just taking things really slowly. So sorry if these last few posts have been a little boring, but that's my life these days, and dang it, I'm enjoying it!! Here are some photos of us at home.



Ollie loves running (or riding his bike) down the driveway. He runs into my arms and I catch him. Ryan took these pictures after we all went to pick up the mail, which, along with watching the garbage truck do it's thing, is just about the most exciting thing in Oliver's universe. It is such a highlight of his day we usually go as a family after dinner. He runs all the way to the mailbox and then we swing him back home, Ollie urging us on by saying "three, five, go!!" which is his way of saying "one, two, three, go!" Or "ready, set, go!"




On Saturday Ryan put together our new grill. It's pretty sweet. It's a Weber charcoal grill with a gas starter so it's really easy to light. Oliver of course wanted to help. He likes "fixing" things with tools. Ryan's made some awesome meals on the grill this week. If it hadn't been raining in the evenings we would have grilled out every night.
We have kids that live on both sides of us and our yards all connect. It's kind of crazy (and downright impossible) if I just want to relax outside by myself, because they'll come over and sit down and ask what I'm doing/reading/eating, etc. But I really love it for Oliver's sake. It's fun for him to have lots of little kids to play with. Here he is playing like puppies with MacKenzie (5) and Jayla (2).


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That first picture of you and Ollie is fantastic. What a beautiful sister I have. You make being 9 months pregnant with a toddler so graceful!!

Lynnie said...

I'd have to agree. I barely let Nathan near my belly, let alone jump into my arms! His knees and elbows have a knack for hitting me just right.

good luck with the upcoming birth-it'll be nice to have it over!