Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Race for the Cure

So, up until about a month ago I was a fairly dedicated runner. I had been running almost every day with various friends and neighbors. A friend from church got together a team for the Race for the Cure. After we drove downtown, parked in the remote parking lot, waited in the line for the shuttle, shuttled over to the race, milled about for an hour or so with the other 20,000 participants, the race itself was over and done in the blink of an eye. I didn't mean to stop running after the Race for the Cure, but it has sort of turned out that way. It has gotten way too hot and muggy for me to enjoy running outside. Here are some pictures from the race.

This is not the start of the race, it is the start of the kids 1-mile run but we couldn't get a picture in front of the real start (there were about 15,000 people in our way).

Me and Rachel looking sweet

Me and Rachel looking tough

No comments: