We went up to Montreal for Fourth of July weekend with Grandpa Ford. Montreal is such a great city!! We spent Christmas here last year (and in Mont Tremblant north of Montreal) but we love it even more in the summer. We stayed in a loft apartment in Vieux-Port (the old town of Montreal). It was quite charming.
We rented bikes and rode along the Lachine Canal and out to Ile Ste. Helene and Ile Notre Dame where there is a park and a Formula One race track (we thought of Jean Girard from Talladega Nights!) It was somewhat bizarre to be biking along the race track but I guess when it isn't being used for car racing, it is opened to the public for biking and rollerblading. We biked twice to the Atwater Market which is like paradise for foodies. We bought fruit and vegetables, cheese and crusty french bread, pastry and sorbet. It was lucky that Oliver was riding in a bike trailer because we loaded up the trailer's "trunk" with all sorts of provisions. Our favorite shops at the Atwater Market are Les Douceurs du Marche grocery and gourmet provisions shop, and Premier Moisson bakery and pattiserie. There is also a fabulous cheese shop.
We mostly ate and biked in Montreal, but when we were taking a break from biking and eating we walked along the waterfront, visited some museums and gardens, watched the fireworks that were part of the International Fireworks Festival, took in some of the Montreal Jazz Festival, and checked out the playgrounds (Ryan, me and Oliver).
Abby and Ollie in front of the Atwater Market
Grandpa Ford got really into his biking-attire, he didn't want to take these off
5 comments:
How fun! It looks like it was a great trip!
I love it Anna! Ollie couldn't be cuter. I had no idea he was so blond!! What a doll! We miss you guys...
those are great photos! who's the photog? :) i noticed Ollie little turtle puppet, walker has the same one and loves it. Ollie's a cutie. glad you had a great trip. :)
Hey Anna, I love your blog and I can't wait to show the Montreal pics to Matt, he'll be green with envy for sure. Let's get together sometime! Rach
Hey Anna, I know I live nearby and see you all the time, but I still think it's time for another post on your blog. See ya, Rachel
Post a Comment