Thursday, June 2, 2011

Big and Little

This afternoon as I was unstacking the dishwasher Oliver and Elliot were outside getting down to work of their own. They were methodically removing all the tomatoes on my plants before they had a chance to ripen. One was picking, the other was squishing them with his sneaker. These are my favorite Sungold little orange cherry tomatoes. I was so mad. I said, "You guys are little rascals!!!" Oliver got upset and objected to that appellation. "Mom, we are NOT little rascals. That's mean. We are BIG rascals."

So now I've put my big rascals to work. Elliot is unstacking the dishwasher and Oliver is folding laundry. Too bad the way they do it is actually just creating more work for me to do later.

2 comments:

leah said...

oh, that has made my day!!!

reminds me of the other day when rodney and i were expressing our dissatisfaction with one another about jackson's recent rotten attitude with his brothers. carter, from the next room, interjected "jackson's a TURD!" truer words have no almost-4-year-old ever said.

Lynnie said...

oh my.. that sounds just like mine over here! Although I'm pretty sure I might have called them more than rascals! the saddest part is when they think they're really helping...