Miss Charlotte Daisy Grace Winkel (aka Charlie) arrived about 3 weeks early on April 29. This is the cute little face that greeted me (via text) yesterday morning. Can you imagine a better way to wake up than to see this little peanut?!?!
Abby had gone into labor on Thursday morning and had been admitted to the hospital where she was to deliver on Thursday night. I went to bed knowing that I might have a little niece by morning. I was so excited to hear the news that I slept with my phone right by my bed. First thing in the morning I grabbed my phone to see if there was any news, and to my delight saw a face that I recognized instantly. She looks so much like both Adam and Abby. The first foggy thought that I had was, “oh, of course! I know you!” I can’t wait to meet her in person!
I keep calling Abby to find out if there are any new developments…has she opened her eyes? Did she poop? Is she doing calculus yet? I think they are quite sick of me bugging them from 4000 miles away. Which means…I’m going to have to come see this little miss for myself. I mean, really, isn’t she adorable?!
2 comments:
We are home, and I can finally check out my favorite website, Chez Halverson. I am so honored to see Charlotte on your blog. I cannot wait for her to meet her Aunt Anna, Uncle Ryan and her delightful cousins. I love you all so much. I hope that we can have such a loving home. Love and miss you lots.
AH! My little sis just had here 1st baby on the 26th and I know exactly, exactly how you feel! I rushed down there (16 hours by car to FL) on the 20th (her due date) only to sit around for 5 days, missing school and waiting. We had to leave on Sunday and, sure enough, she came on Tuesday morning. When I got the text of her face I almost cried. So fun, yet so bitter sweet to be so far away!
Your new niece is beautiful. Congrats to your sis - someday I'd love to meet her. She seems like my kinda lady!
Post a Comment