Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Easter pictures

DSC_0021DSC_0013 DSC_0017DSC_0014   DSC_0022

We went to an Easter egg hunt at one of Ryan’s co-worker’s house. It was an “eggstravaganza” with well over 400 eggs hidden for only 12 kids. The winner ended up with 81 candy-filled eggs. Holy cow, that’s a lot of candy! The kids, Elliot especially, were thrilled with their get. But sadly, it was a short lived candy binge. You may have heard of the Grinch who stole Christmas, but chances are you haven’t heard of the Grump who threw away all his kids’ Easter candy. He lives here at our house. I pleaded with him not to do it but I suspect he recognized my true motive (to eat most of the candy myself) and insisted that we throw it away. It was more painful for me than for the boys who didn’t seem to notice that their stash disappeared.

 DSC_0226 DSC_0229 DSC_0235 DSC_0238 DSC_0252 DSC_0257 DSC_0276

They also had a sponge relay race. I love the intensity on Oliver’s face waiting for the start signal. He was definitely giving it his all. He was really upset that his team were not crowned “World Champions, West Coast Division.” The bigger kids took that honor.

 DSC_0002DSC_0001

A little bird has made her nest on our Easter wreath. Isn’t it beautiful with the sweet alyssum flowers? On Sunday there were 3 little blue eggs inside.

4 comments:

Jan said...

I cannot believe how big Oliver is getting! I think of him (and your family) often. I'm so glad you have a blog so that I can occasionally check up on you guys! Beautiful Easter pictures!

Janelle said...

I love the bird nest on your wreath! So precious.

Michal Thompson said...

I am the candy hog too. I thought you were teasing about the nest. It looks like you meant to put it there.

bostonshumways said...

Anna, these are beautiful pictures! What handsome boys.

Every day I hope to find a minute to call you....I miss you. Hope today is the day!

Oh, and that nest is really amazing. Looks like something Martha Stuart would create, only way more beautiful.