Monday, August 16, 2010

New News

So to those who have loosely been following our comings and goings it may seem like we just moved...yeah, we did. We sold our house in Raleigh, NC in February and moved into this awesome west Nashville farmhouse. In May a tree fell on the awesome west Nashville farmhouse and we had to move, rather suddenly and unexpectedly, into a somewhat less awesome house in Belle Meade. In late July we moved out of the Belle Meade house back into the farmhouse. And now, in less than three weeks, we will be moving again.

Yeah. We just can't get enough of the thrill of packing up boxes and misplacing key components of furniture and electronic equipment that has to be disassembled each time we move. Actually, this time we are moving much farther than our previous moves. We are moving to California over Labor Day weekend. Good times. We are actually pretty excited about living in the Bay Area, but less excited about being so far away from family and uprooting ourselves once again.

We are so sad to be leaving Nashville. It has been such a rich six months. We have completely fallen in love with this city. We have become friends with the most interesting and cool kindred spirits and packed our time here with unique-to-Nashville experiences. We knew that we probably weren't going to be here for very long but we had no idea it would be so short!!

We really have no regrets. We made the most of our time here and lived it up to the fullest. We're leaving "wanting more" which is a good thing I suppose. We are moving with Ryan's job, so a new position with the same company.

We are not going to start Oliver in preschool in September but hopefully we'll be able to find or form a Joy School group. If not I plan to keep the boys busy with swimming lessons (Oliver is a fantastic doggy paddler already), speech therapy for Oliver, and hopefully teaching Ollie to read and ride a bike. Those are my pre-baby goals. We'll see how those go. I realize I don't have any goals for Elliot...potty training seems still really far out on the horizon. He is not even a little bit ready. Hmm...maybe I will just indulge him and let him make the most out of these last few months of being the baby in the family.

Speaking of babies...the other news is that we are having another BOY!! We are really excited. No firm ideas about names so we welcome any suggestions. I found a doctor out in Walnut Creek who is actually also a certified nurse/midwife. Although she has an MD she practices a midwifery-centered model of birthing. Which means that she is very pro-natural birth which is something I'd like to try this time. She also was finishing her medical training at University of Michigan at Ann Arbor in 1976, when I made my grand appearance at the hospital there. There's a chance she even observed my delivery since my mom said there were A LOT of students and residents at my birth. In any case, I thought that was an auspicious coincidence.
So that's what's going on around here. A lot of change. Hopefully relatively painless transitions. Elliot is screaming his blessed little head off so I better go give him some "nuggles". Why won't that kid go to bed?!?! Why is there always such bedtime drama?!?!

17 comments:

Kimberly said...

California's lucky to be getting you, although we're sad you're going to be even further away. We can meet up in New York, right?

Lolo said...

Congrats on all the new news! At least we will have boys just one month apart...maybe they can be little buddies since now that you'll be in CA, we're hoping to get to spend more time with the Halversons. good luck with all of the changes! you guys are brave!

CAISA said...

you will LOVE the Bay Area... and especially Walnut Creek... might be my favorite place i have ever lived. email or call me if/when you have any questions about the area. hopefully you connected with Ashley too. Good luck and congrats!!!

Jessie said...

Good luck w/the move and congrats on baby #3. So sad we missed you guys at the branch reunion...we were in the middle of a house project gone nightmare. 3 boys and lots of moves...we have a lot in common!

Alana said...

I think I missed a few crucial posts about you being pregnant but congratulations on expecting another JOY. You're already a pro. Congratulations on the job too. Moving on up. We're in the middle of our one move and it is quite the ordeal- good luck!

Michal Thompson said...

congrats. I think you are the only people in the world that I know that have moved more than us. The thought makes me want to throw up! Congrats on another boy!

Anonymous said...

Anna-
Whaoo! Now we'll be close enough to visit. I live in Half Moon Bay, right on the coast (are you sure don't want to live on the California coast?) We need your expertise on Joy School, we're starting one in the fall. I'm looking forward to seeing you and hope you'll conside me a neighbor, of sorts, we are only a 40 minute drive away!
Kirstin Ballentine Fellars

Kristina said...

Good luck on the move! A lot of my dad's family is located in Walnut Creek...it is a beautiful area!

Michelle said...

New house, new baby, oh my! Good luck!

nelsonjeneen said...

Congratulations on the new move and having another boy!!! Really exciting with all the changes. Good luck with everything. :)
Jill

leah said...

like kimberly said - california is so lucky to be getting you!!! :)

ok, i love baby name talk. maybe aiden? i noticed the vowel starter that oliver and elliot have followed, and that's the first one that comes to mind. haha!

crazy side note - when we were deciding on a name for baby #3, i did this crazy thing - i insisted that the "ending" of the name not be the same as the other guys (so that one of them didn't end up feeling left out of the trend - bahahah!) - so there was the "un" name in jackson, the "y" name in brady, and naturally the other good boy-sounding option was "er." haha! so, parker and carter were my favorites - AND, rodney had been trying to get a carter since the very beginning of time, so alas, carter it was.

good luck on your new adventure(s). :) miss you!!!

alisha said...

Wow. That is a lot of big news. I'm so sad you are leaving Nashville, because we are hoping to get up to Ft. Campbell. Oh well, who knows where we'll end up?! Congrats on another boy. Awesome! I miss you guys!

The Mechlings said...

Wow, big news!! sad that you are leaving the east coast-ish but it's not like we got to see each other much anyway, huh?? Hope the move goes smoothly!

Anne-Marie said...

Anna-

None of my children even started potty training until three if that's any solace. Good luck with your move. We'll definitely come and visit.

Shawni said...

I'm so excited for your next big adventure! And excited you get to have another boy!!

I'd love to live in California some day.

Rachel said...

We are so excited for you, and jealous too of course. I'm so excited you'll have another boy, you are so good at boys! As for names, how about William, Eric, Aaron, Isaac, Liam, Hyrum, or Ammon? I took those from my old "favorites" list because I like traditional strong names. Well, the last two are kind of "mormony" but in CA they would still go OK. Good luck!

David & Vanessa said...

Congrats on the pregnancy!!!! That's great. 3 boys sounds awesome. I love boys. COngrats to Ryan on the new promotion and I hope your move went great! Tell him Hi for me!