Did you know that there are Barbie movies? Back in my day there were only Barbie dolls and Barbie Dream Houses and hot pink Barbie convertibles (oh, how I coveted those!!). Unless you have little girls, you probably wouldn't know that the Barbie franchise has moved into animated feature length films. I, however, also know this because Oliver is really into Barbie. He saw this one recently courtesy of some of one of his (girl) friends.
Ryan is a little concerned. I am not. Here's why. This is the conversation we had about Barbie:
Oliver: Mom, why are girls so pretty?
Me: Well if they are good and kind they have a beauty that comes from inside them and shines out from their faces. [How's that for an answer?!?]
O: But why do they wear such pretty dresses?
M: Girls like dresses. Do you like dresses?
O: No! I like trucks. When I grow up I will drive a black pick up truck. It will have missiles on it and I will draw rocket ships on the sides. It will transform into a fighter jet. I will call it "Speed Rocket". But I think girls will really like my truck.
7 comments:
that's awesome. I am well acquainted with Barbie movies, although I don't love them. Tell Ryan they always have a nasty bad guy in them somewhere so he shouldn't be too concerned!
i mean didn't you tell Ryan what he said, how can he be concerned. Those barbie movies are good! They have bad guys and fighting and all that good stuff that boys like. Dylan watches them, and he is a BOY
Zach and I had a similar discussion when Gabe wanted to wear Grandma's jewelery. That was the best answer ever you gave him about girls being pretty. I'm sure I would have said something much more shallow. And by the way Ollie, I do like guys with pick up trucks.
that made me chuckle that you didn't know that there are Barbie movies ... that is something we know all too well!!! There are many, and they all have hard to say names with perfectly proportioned Barbies in them. The girls love them!! Hope all is well with you guys and that you are feeling good, Anna.
Henry likes Barbie movies too!
Anna-
My boys are mesmerized by Barbie movies as well.
How did the move go?
That is SO funny! He sounds pure boy to me, and already looking ahead to the future!
Post a Comment