Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summer Storms

Around 2:00 am last night there was another bad thunderstorm. It was the worst we've had since "the storm" that brought the tree down on our house. Lighting flashed like klieg lights outside our windows and the thunder that followed shook the whole house. I'll admit, it was pretty scary! As I tried to go back to sleep I thought to myself, any minute we're going to hear crying from the boys' room. But before we heard a peep, Ryan got up and padded down the hall to Oliver's room and snuggled into bed with him.

At that moment, in my half-sleep I was so filled with love for Ryan. He is such a great dad! He knows that Oliver is still so afraid of thunder and lightning and he anticipated that he would need comforting. In the morning Oliver didn't even remember the storm, but I know that's because Ryan was there to make him feel safe. What an awesome dad!!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Ryan is a great dad. It is those moments that you sit back and watch them play with the kids or do something special like cuddle with them in a storm that makes your heart swell with love.

Rachel said...

That's so sweet. I think we had that same storm, it was scary even to me, and I was so surprised none of my kids woke up either. Congrats on the pregnancy by the way, I'm so happy for you!

Amazon Mama said...

Funny--we had a similar storm the other day. But our reaction was different. We were scared. The kids slept through it. :)