Friday, October 2, 2009

The Best and the Brightest

...do not work at Wal*Mart. I realize that I may not the first person to notice this, but I was struck by this fact again this evening.

How I hate EVERY ASPECT of this awful, evil, soul-destroying corporation. Yuck. Every time I go there I leave vowing that I will never return. Had I been a better planner I wouldn't have had to go looking for a birthday present for a 4-year-old at 11:00 the night before the party when my choices were pretty much reduced to Walmart or the gas station convenience store. But alas, I am not a planner and I was out anyway so I thought, I'll just stop at Walmart on the way home, it can't possibly be as bad as I remember. Oh, but it was!! First of all they had such a freaking craptastic toy selection it made me so sad for the kids who get those toys. There were no toys that weren't plastic or didn't require batteries. I finally found a game which I hope won't be one this family already has...which is why I asked for a gift reciept. And that's where my trouble really started. The cashier couldn't figure it out. The shift manager couldn't figure it out. Finally they figured out how to give me a gift recipt for the box of tampons I also picked up (thanks, but no thanks...that would make an awkward gift for a 4 year old boy). This little errand that should have taken all of 10 minutes ate up 40 (FORTY!!!) minutes of my life. Ahhh!! And now it's eating up even more because I am taking the time to write about it when I should be asleep. Curse you Walmart! This time I mean it. I will never go there again.

6 comments:

Alana said...

Hey its better than what I did. 9:00 this morning I "borrowed" one of Gabe's Christmas gifts and wrapped it up for this party thinking that I'll order a new one later.

Kim said...

Ah Anna. I must say, I loved this post. I feel this each and every time I set foot into that loathsome store. It's pretty darn sad state of affairs when I think a stroll through Target is therapeutic! But I'm stuck with Walmart until we move out of Nowheresville. Thanks for the post!!

Michal Thompson said...

It was good to know that you feel the same as me. I do it too often, saying I will never go, I do and often with the kids and I really want to cry. Especially when it is not at 11 like you when the lines are nearly as LONG- when they have 3 cash registers open and 20 that are not! AAARRGGGG~~ I heard you went on a trip, I hope it was fun.

Scott Fam Dam said...

I totally agree!!! I hate that place! Every emotion you expressed I feel everytime I go there! And I love the my new favorite word; craptastic!

Lisa Rampton Halverson said...

I'm laughing out loud! OK, ok, you want sympathy, and I do feel that too. But this is also very very funny!

Jamie said...

Just so you know, Alexander LOVES the game we have played probably 100 times (seriously not an exaggeration). So at least your horrible trip to Wal-@#I$#$# was worth it, you made a little boy really happy.

I also HATE that place and avoid it like the plague.