Thursday, May 28, 2009

Freezie Freakies

The other day it was really hot so I got out a little "Ice Treasures" project that I read about here. I had started making this a few days before since it takes at least 24 hours in the freezer. I froze some plastic butterflies, ladybugs and other treasures in a big Tupperware bowl. You have to do it in 3 layers or the treasures end up frozen together at the bottom of the bowl. Anyway, I gave Oliver and the neighbors some squirt bottles and old toothbrushes and they had a blast excavating their treasures. Elliot also had fun chewing on the ice. It was a ton of fun on a hot day.

 20090514-20090514-DSC_028420090514-20090514-DSC_0281   20090514-20090514-DSC_0283 20090514-20090514-DSC_0295 20090514-20090514-DSC_028820090514-20090514-DSC_0293

5 comments:

Diana said...

Great idea...
BTW, that cake looks delicious!

Michal Thompson said...

Party!!! You even make little get togethers delectable. I loved your post about motherhood- amen. We also have had the same feelings floating around- Dylan and Ashlyn will do nothing unless Tutu and Papa steve do it too!

Scott Fam Dam said...

Im stealing it! Great idea!

The Mechlings said...

this is such a great idea, Anna. I'm definitely going to give this a try in the next few days while we're staring at 100 degrees! Yikes!

Fatima Humphreys said...

Hey Guys,
We love your blog!! You have the best shots ever. What kind of camara do you have.
Your kids are so big. Oliver seems a lot like is Ryan. They are so cute.