He is doing pretty well so far with oxygen support and extra fluids, but I am getting a little nervous/worried because tonight will be our third night here and he doesn't seem to be getting better. He's not getting worse, which is what I need to remember, and the doctors have said that the virus just needs to run its course, but all the same I thought I would do what I could to spread the word so you guys could all say a little prayer that Elliot will recover quickly. Thank you!
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Your Prayers Are Needed
Elliot is in the hospital. He has RSV, which is a virus that acts a lot like a bad cold. It is hard on babies because their airways get gunked up and they have a hard time breathing, which in turn leads to a hard time eating and staying hydrated. Elliot started acting sick on Wednesday, we took him to the doctor on Thursday and brought him to the Children's ER at WakeMed on Friday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh, no! I hope he gets better. His RSV must be pretty bad to have to go into the hospital. Jackie and Jared got RSV about 5 weeks ago and they still have residual symptoms still there. Jackie still has a small cough and Jared still has a runny nose.
Thankfully they didn't have to go into the hospital.
But you are soooo right about there really are no medicines to help the virus, you have to let it run its course. Good luck and wish you luck with everything.
Jill
Anna - how hard for you and your little guy :-( We've only spent a few hours in the ER with Nathan's asthma and I know it's nerve wracking and annoying at the same time. I hope he starts feeling better soon and I wish we lived closer so Ollie could come hang with us. We'll pray for Elliott - update us as soon as there is some news! Lynnie
We'll keep him in our prayers. We love that little guy, even though we haven't met him. We love you all and hope he gets well SOON!
We are praying!!! So you must know all the Child Life Specialist there- Erin in the ED and Julie in the peds??? If Elliott has just waited a week i could have been there!!! Just kidding, no one wishes this on anyone. Can I help? Can I watch Ollie????
we will remember him this week!
I'm so sorry!
We'll keep him in our prayers!
Post a Comment