Sunday, August 3, 2008

Backyard Pictures

Ollie usually doesn't like holding his baby brother so I'm glad that I got this picture where at least one of them looks happy. Elliot looks a little worried that Ollie might drop him. Oliver complains that Elliot is "fuhddy" meaning "heavy". Oliver can't say the "h" sound, instead he says "f" so we have a lot of interpreting to do.
Here he is offering a graham cracker to Elliot.
According to Oliver, Elliot has three states, "crying", "night night" and "eyes Oh-pen." Here he is pointing out that Elliot's eyes are, in fact, "Oh-pen"
Looking mischievous because he's about to spit out that apple juice...he has really gotten into a phase of loving to spit things out. It is gross AND annoying. He spits out his food into the toilet (budding bulimia??) but he just likes to see it swim like fishies in the toilet.
OK, in case you think he might be seizing in this picture, he's actually rolling his eyes. Where did he pick this up??? I thought this behavior wasn't supposed to start until his teen years.
Oliver's silliest smile.

I am just in love with Elliot these days. He is in such a cute stage. Yes, he is still spitting up like crazy but doesn't cry quite so much and he's perfected the cutest open mouth grin. I just adore that smile!




8 comments:

Abigail said...

When did Oliver learn to pop his collar and strut around like a dude right out of Miami Vice? He has reason to roll his eyes -- He's already cooler than the rest of us!

I am SO looking forward to seeing Elliot's beautiful laughing face at the end of the week! Those pictures are darling.

Love you all so much.

The Mechlings said...

what great pictures! Anna, you look so HAPPY!! i'm sure you have your moments like the rest of us but you look so incredibly content and joyful in those pictures.

THORSDATTER said...

Oh sweethearts...thanks for these photos...what a lovely way to end my day..
You are such a cool mom...what does Ollie have to roll his eyes about? is it just a game or do you think he's telling you something? can't wait to see you.

Love,

Mama

kwallace said...

you do make beautiful babies, halversons! elliot is adorable! if you make it to dc, i'd love to meet him -- and give him a ratty handwoven blanket just like i gave his older brother. (:

Rachel said...

You have the two cutest boys I've ever seen! I love the way you describe everything too. I love that blue shirt on you too, it's your color! Rachel

Marlise said...

Anna--I don't know if you remember me...Marlise (Craig). I stumbled across your blog, through Heidi Phelps. Your boys are adorable! I have to tell you...on your post about Girls Camp, you have a pic of Beth Petty. She's my niece (through marriage)! Her mom is my husband's sister! Small world, huh? :) How are you guys liking it out there?

Scott Fam Dam said...

What gorgeous babies you have!

Marlise said...

Sorry--I meant Becca Petty, not Beth.