Half an inch of snow fell last night and the entire city shut down. Stores and restaurants closed early, while it was still just raining, so that employees could scurry home before the "storm" hit. We braved the weather and found a restaurant that was still open (our first choice had closed!) The roads were almost completely empty save the armada of snowplows standing ready by the sides of the highway and a few other hearty souls who we decided were surely not native North Carolinians. Our church was canceled this morning so we have had two blessedly lazy days in a row here at home.
I took Ollie out in the snow which he really enjoyed until his poor little fingers started to freeze and he started crying. He hates mittens but I think now he gets the idea that they are not torture devices but actually convenient hand warmers. After the little freezing fingers episode he was much more agreeable about putting on his mittens. For the record Ryan is/was completely horrified that I let him play outside in the snow without mittens or a hat...those were my bad judgment calls. I accept full responsibility.
PS--Check out Oliver's NY Giants kit. (Thank you Uncle Bernie!) He's getting ready for tonight's playoff game.
3 comments:
Too funny! Yeah, it's pretty funny how there is such widespread panic over a few flakes. And Ollie is so dang funny with his facial expressions! Rachel
So cute! This is my first visit to your blog, and I am sure to become a regular (now that school is finally over for me). Conrad regularly ventures outside without gloves. Every time we've tried the mittens/gloves idea one of them gets tossed into oblivion. So, now he has one red mitten and one blue glove, both of which he refuses to wear. Ah, well.
We miss you guys terribly.
Hey Anna that was fun tonight, even though those breadsticks are still just sitting there doing nothing but making my tummy bigger at the moment. Hey, you've been tagged by me on my blog. You don't have to do it if you don't want, but I knew your answers would be funny if you did. Rachel
Post a Comment