Monday, July 11, 2011

The Mom & Oliver Uno Challenge

DSC_0005We battled it out during Elliot’s nap times-- five games a day for the past 12 days. In the end it was close, but Ollie pulled out a clutch 4 game streak to become the first official Halverson Uno Champ. His reward: a bag of Skittles. I lost out on frozen yogurt. Oliver wisely pointed out that had I won I would have had to buy my own frozen yogurt anyway since he has no money. True enough.    DSC_0003DSC_0006   Oliver is THRILLED with his victory, can you tell? I, on the other hand, am so sick of Uno. Does anyone have a suggestion for another game that might work for a 5 year old?

4 comments:

Janelle said...

Sequence for kids. Or Zingo. We like both of those games.

Amber Lanae- said...

Duck Duck Bruce is AWESOME! Its really fun for kids.

Anne-Marie said...

Lucy likes Rat a Tat Cat, Rummikub, and Quirkle and I enjoy all three as well.

The Shafer Family said...

I actually snorted out loud at his comment about having no money! Annabeth is an Uno freak, too, but we also love to play memory and board games. I, too, tire quickly of Uno, but I might have to surprise her with this challenge idea.