Sunday, February 13, 2011

AnWoo

Andrew is well loved in our family. But no one loves him quite as enthusiastically as Elliot.

 _DSC0032

First thing in the morning Elliot runs into our room and demands, "Where's da baby? Where IS AnWoo? AHHHHHHH!! ANWOO!! Can I touch da baby?" This last request is purely rhetorical because undoubtedly he has already found the baby (in his bassinette, on the changing table or in our bed) and is busy manhandling his little brother.

Elliot is not content just to gently (or otherwise) touch the baby.  Apparently to get the full AnWoo experience he needs to sit on him, lie on him, touch him with both hands and feet, try to pick him up, or try to remove his ears (so far no luck, they seem to be firmly attached).

We’ve noticed since he was a baby that Elliot craves sensory input and physical touch. For instance, he loves to snuggle and soothes himself by rubbing his face with his blankie. So this adorable, squishy, peach-fuzzy little brother just puts him over the edge. With AnWoo he has found his ultimate sensory fix. He seems to be absolutely incapable of keeping his hands (to say nothing of his feet and mouth and body) off his little brother.  All day long I have to either put Andrew somewhere Elliot can’t get him (my sling) or repeat ad nauseum, “Elliot, not on his face!” or “Elliot, gentle touches!!” or “Give him some space.” Sheesh. It’s enough to drive ME over the edge.

_DSC0012

_DSC0041  _DSC0038

Fortunately, AnWoo is such a sweet, mellow baby he seems to be taking it all in stride. Elliot is going to have to watch his back though, this little guy is growing fast!!

_DSC0027

6 comments:

Janelle said...

I am in love with Anwoo.

I like that Elliot guy too. I saw him giving me the eye in Sacrament meeting. He seemed to be thinking, "I know that lady, she's fun!"

Amber Lanae- said...

This cracks me up! I seriously have mental images of you trying to get a handle on this situation! You are fabulous! And your kids are so stinking cute!

Love ya!

Abigail said...

It's been a while since I've laughed out loud in my office... Thanks, Halversons, for keeping us all entertained. Odiver, Eyyit and Anwoo. Such musical names :) I love you all so much.
Abby

nelsonjeneen said...

That is funny, but annoying. Jared does the same thing to his little sister. I know they mean well but it is so hard to keep the baby safe when they want to touch them all the time. Good luck!
Jill

Lynnie said...

Ah, we have the same second child. I kept thinking it would get better but now Nathan has daily timeouts and reprimands about personal space and staying out of Lias's face. All he has to do is get close to him and Lias' shrieks - "NO Natey! You no kiss me!" Nathan thinks that kisses are perfectly acceptable, even if given 200 times a day and always directly on the lips.

Dang, I wish you still lived close enough to visit! We'd have fun learning from each other. Best of luck and take lots of videos for when they're teenagers!

Waltman said...

that was a really funny post, and seriously oliver's face in that last picture is the best!