I hear that it’s snowing again on the East Coast. I can’t say that I’m sorry I’m missing that. Ryan’s parents were in town this past weekend. It was so much fun to have them visit and we took full advantage of the great weather. On Saturday we went to Tilden Park in Berkeley and rode the steam train and fed celery to the animals at the Little Farm. On Sunday afternoon we went into San Francisco and walked along the Cliff Walk to the beach.
I love this silhouette of my family. A big wave had just knocked Elliot down. Even though I can’t see Ryan’s face, I can look at this picture and see exactly (in my mind’s eye) his expression. He is laughing as he swings a surprised and wet Elliot up out of the water.
On Sunday Ryan gave Andrew a blessing at church. This is sort of like a Christening, in that the child is given a name and blessing in the name of Jesus Christ, but because we don’t baptize infants there isn’t a whole ceremony. He held the baby in his arms and offered a blessing inspired by the holy spirit. He blessed Andrew that he would develop a strong testimony of Christ, that he would have a keen intellect, a strong mind and and active body. He blessed him that he would have a long life even in a time of great transition. Although Andrew will see many changes in his lifetime, Ryan blessed him that he would not deviate from the straight and narrow path. He affirmed that Andrew is loved by his family and by his Heavenly Father. It was really a beautiful blessing.
He looked pretty cute, too. My dad picked this outfit out for him in Paris. Oh la la!
4 comments:
oh man, I love Tilden and the cliff walk! I want to move there so much it hurts!
we are coming into town for labor day (Jeff's brother John is getting married). We'll have to see you, hope you're not going away!
And, btw, these are beautiful pictures!
I love the outfit for the blessing. So unique and simple. love it, love it.
sweet boys. i love the blessing outfit and the blue booties!
what fun! i love that picture of ryan and oliver and elliott too! almost looks like one that comes in the frame. :)
Post a Comment