This year the boys went as characters from the Disney movie Toy Story. Oliver was space ranger Buzz Lightyear and Elliot was his tiny cowboy sidekick, Woody. Oliver is REALLY into Toy Story (thanks again Adam...that DVD is still a big hit!) so he was just ecstatic to get dressed up as Buzz Lightyear. I got both costumes secondhand on Ebay in early September which I thought was pretty clever/frugal of me until I realized (the day before Halloween) that Oliver's was missing some critical components (his wings and the helmet!) Dang it!! Fortunately Oliver didn't seem to notice that his costume was anything short of glorious.
We went to a Halloween party at Ryan's office, then to a very cute "Halloween Cupcake Spooktacular" party on Friday night. Our church had a Halloween party on Saturday morning and then we had a neighborhood parade to kick off trick or treating on Saturday. Whew! We are all Halloweened out!
I also dyed my hair brown on Thursday. It's not as dark as I had wanted but I like it. It sort of looks natural (especially when I don't brush it after I get out of the shower like in these pictures.) I know, I'm SO high maintenance!
I love this picture because all the other kids were really focused on trick or treating and Oliver was completely in his own world, freaking out because he noticed the full moon. He was saying "Look, guys, the MOON!!!" and the other kids were like "So what? Dude, stay on task here... we're about to get candy!"
7 comments:
I've been checking every day for these pictures! They are so awesome in their costumes. And how did we not discuss your hair-dying! You look fab. Love you all so much.
Wow, that face is priceless!
You hair looks great! I think you look good as a brunette. That is what I totally do... brush my hair when I get out of the shower. Do I do more? Nope. Even being in Utah.. where it is the "Land of doing hair so we look perfect all the time". Great pictures.
Jill
Your hair!! Hello brunette! Perfect for these winter months! and I want to live where you live! Looks like such a fun place. I'm so glad to see all of you so happy.
Cute pictures. My kids were the exact same thing. Gabe was Buzz and David was Woodie, and don't worry, Gabe didn't have any wings or lasers either.
THe boys are so cute! I love your hair!
Cute pictures! :o)
Post a Comment