Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Great Outdoors

On Tuesday the weather here was absolutely perfect. It was cool (high 70s) and sunny. I decided to take the boys for a hike in Umstead park. We took our bathing suits, our magnifying glass, and lunch and headed out into the woods for the afternoon. We did this a few weeks ago and it turned into a marathon 4 mile excursion. I learned my lesson and this time we stuck to the bridle trail and headed directly to the lake. I think it was still a good 2 miles round trip. I love that the boys enjoy being outdoors (what kid doesn't!) But it's so much fun to share these experiences with them.

20090831-20090831-DSC_0330   20090831-20090831-DSC_036420090831-20090831-DSC_034220090831-20090831-DSC_032320090831-20090831-DSC_0338 20090831-20090831-DSC_0348 20090831-20090831-DSC_032720090831-20090831-DSC_0346  

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Looks like a good time!
Wished we were closer to share adventures!
I just sign Jack up for a class called TinyTreks. Basically, your class meets once a week (for 10 months) at a different designated spot for an adventure! The parents go with the kids. The instructor does a circle time, then you hike and explore the environment. They also provide a snack and a craft. Jack and I are looking forward exploring the bay area! Isn't this an awesome idea! An outdoor classroom!
You would be great at teaching a class like this!

Abigail said...

I love those baby explorer friends!!

Rachel said...

Such sweet pictures! We did the same thing today, but at Brookhaven nature park...you'll have to check it out sometime, it's smaller than Umstead but similar and for us it's so close. I also love the pics of Miss Jan's, which Lucy misses a lot.