This past weekend we took a drive out to
Pilot Mountain to check out the fall colors. From the pictures below you can see that we were about 3 weeks early. Not that fall colors even at their peak in NC have anything on the display in say, Ithaca, NY or Boston. The North Carolina Piedmont really is beautiful, though. It is full of small farms and small towns. We had lunch in the town of
Mount Airy, which is "Mayberry," the home of the Andy Griffith show. We didn't have TV when I was growing up so I have no reference for this fact, but apparently a lot of people visit this town because they liked the show. We planned on stopping at
Hanging Rock on the way home but drove right by it. Oliver and Elliot were real troopers. Ollie got stung by a bee on his thumb but after many tears he recovered. (Sitting on my lap and singing "Itsy Bitsy Spider," "the ABC song" and "Happy Birthday to [our neighbor and preschool buddy] Diana" seemed to soothe his pain.)
Ryan is pointing out Pilot Mountain to Ollie...this is the view they they saw:
We passed this old antique store and stopped to take some pictures. I love the color of this old door.


Oh, I just LOVE my boys!!!

How country is this...the cows come right up to the front door!
6 comments:
Anna! Wow...I love the picture of the red/orange door...it's so rustic. Beautiful. And your boys are so adorable. How fun! How is post-pregnancy going? I know it's been a few months, so the question is rather late. :-/
this last picture really reminds me of our farm here. when are you guys ever gonna come visit? ;-) the leaves are starting to peak!
anna, I just saw your comments on Geoff and Darcie's blog. I am so happy to see what your darling family is up to!!! Your boys are adorable, and you look like the kindest, happiest, cherishing-the-moment-est mom! where in nc are you guys?
love, ingrid
Awesome, fabtacular pictures, Anna. Keep 'em coming:)
i'm with you ... the upstate/piedmont is really beautiful. and i LOVE the red door pics!
Hello friends! love the pictures of your kiddos and the great outdoors. great photography! hope ya'll are well. cheers - Mar & James
Post a Comment