Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Our Little Comedian

Oliver has discovered his first "joke" which is sort of like a very rudimentary knock-knock joke. It started when we would read Good Night Moon. He would insist that the kittens (as in "there were two little kittens, and a pair of mittens") were actually dogs. He would say "dog" and point to the kittens. I would say, "no, Oliver, those are kittens, baby cats." but he would shake his head and say, "Dog." So I would say, "cat" and then he would smile and say, "Dog!" and I would say "Cat!" and so on. He thinks this is HILARIOUS. So now, several times a day he comes up to me and with a devilish little smile he says "Dog!" and clearly I am supposed to say "Cat!", then he says "Dog! Dog! Dog!" and then I say "Cat! Cat! Cat!" and then he laughs and laughs. This goes back and forth until one of us says "meow!" I guess that is the punch line because the joke ends there.

5 comments:

Robin said...

That is so cute! I will have to see if that joke works with my coworkers:)

Anonymous said...

Anna -

Hello from Richmond. I love your blog & can't believe how big Oliver has gotten! You & Ryan look terrific & I'm sure you're loving Raleigh -- it's a great town. Richmond & the branch miss you all.

Please send me your email address ... Katie's getting married!

Love, Teresa Leake

Scott Fam Dam said...

How can he not be a comedian with Ryan as his dad.? Harvey and I miss the good laughs with you guys!

Rain in My Head said...

Ollie is such a cutie! Gotta love the toddler humor. Miss you guys!

Tate Family said...

Anna,
I just had to say hello! Soo fun seeing you and that same beautiful smile I remember...
kelly lorscheider tate