Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What’s Grosser Than Gross??

OK, well do I have a story to tell. I thought Elliot outdid himself last week when, leaning over the baby’s changing table, he sneezed and landed a DIRECT HIT with a giant booger into Andrew’s open eye. Yeah, that was pretty gross. But yesterday he took gross to a whole new level.

We were getting out of the car at the post office. I had an open can of soda in the front seat. As I was collecting the packages we had to mail both boys were sneaking sips of my Diet Coke. I said that’s enough! No one (myself included) needs to be drinking that. So I took the can out of Elliot’s hands and poured out the rest out into the gutter. I turned to get the baby out of his car seat into my sling and when I turned around…

Elliot was down on his belly LICKING SODA OUT OF THE GUTTER! AHHHHHH!!! GROSS!!!

I didn’t get a picture of the parking lot scene, but this one seems to say either “I’m a boy and I love being gross!!” or“Hahaha Mommy you’ll never outwit me!! You think just because you pour soda on the ground that will stop me from drinking it!? Silly Mommy. Score: Elliot 1, Mommy 0” 

_DSC0034 

Actually, now that I think of it, Oliver did something pretty gross at the playground last week too. He and his buddy Jonas found some discarded fruit snacks on the ground near the swings. They asked if they could eat them and I said, no, because they were dirty. Next thing I know they were at the water fountain rinsing them off and popping them into their mouths. Mmmm….yummy!

4 comments:

nelsonjeneen said...

I love getting a laugh today. I don't have any gross stories yet... b/c Jared (2 1/2) hasn't done anything yet. Hum.. my time is coming.
jill

Michal Thompson said...

at least he rinsed them off!

Abigail said...

So it's not OK to eat the fruit snacks? I am just looking to clarify appropriate food safety guidelines before I become a mom. Fruit snacks are yummy - doesn't that make it OK?

Also, the score is waaaay higher than Elliot: 1. That boy has already scored many mischievous victories of toddlerhood :)

Amazon Mama said...

Hilarious! Love it!