Saturday, December 18, 2010

Andrew Nash Halverson

Andrew joined the family at 5:22 a.m. on Friday, December 17.  He weighed in at 6 lb. 13 oz. and measured 18 3/4” long.  It was a birth filled with Heroics, Similarities and Joy.

_DSC0284

HEROICS

Anna labored at home Thursday evening after Oliver and Elliot fell asleep.  While she never admitted, I think she was holding out for Nana to arrive from NYC.  At 3:00 a.m., just after Nana walked in to stay with the boys, we left for the hospital.  By the time they got her checked in, she was measuring 9 cm!  Anna had planned to have a natural birth.  At about 5:00 a.m. she was ready, the doctor came in, and after some painful moments, Andrew graced us with his presence.  Now, I was of course over-the-moon about Andrew, but I was equally ecstatic and proud of Anna.  She was beaming, and her face definitely showed a “I did it” expression.

SIMILARITIES

A few weeks back we asked Oliver what we should name the baby.  He wisely suggested, “Third in a Row”.   He was spot on.  It’s like deja vu, he looks exactly like his brothers when they were newborn. He are the birthdates and details for all three Halverson boys.

Oliver.  Friday, February 17. 6 lb. 13 oz. 21 in. Bald.  Blue eyed. With a little bit of blond hair.

Elliot.  Saturday, May 17. 6 lb. 14 oz. 22 in.  Bald. Blue eyed.  With a little bit of blond hair.

Andrew.  Friday, Dec. 17. 6 lb. 13 oz. 18 in. Balder.  Blue eyed.  With a tiny bit of blond hair.

JOY

So, yeah.  We think Andrew is pretty sweet, adorable and cuddly.  Both Elliot and Oliver have taken to him. Oliver is amazed by how “cute” and “tiny” he is. Elliot just wants to give him sloppy kisses (we’re going to have to try to temper his enthusiasm).

He is now home, just in time for Christmas.  What a gift! 

_DSC0229

 _DSC0081 _DSC0062 _DSC0116 _DSC0149  _DSC0215  _DSC0244 _DSC0260 _DSC0272

28 comments:

nelsonjeneen said...

Congratulations! I can't believe you did it without drugs. You are amazing. :)
Jill
PS. can't sleep and I am really glad I got on the computer to see the news.

Jes and Kurt said...

Congrats! You guys sure make cute little boys. Hope you all have a great christmas. Good Job Anna!

Michelle said...

Congratulations! You all look amazing. Great job Anna!

Michelle said...

Congratulations! You all look amazing. Great job Anna!

H said...

Congratulations! He's beautiful :-)

gr8fl said...

are you kidding me! I had no idea you were that far along when u left us in Nashville! He's perfect!!!! I'm just thrilled for you both!
Congrats!
-mla

Michal Thompson said...

is there a sweeter looking baby? Way to go Anna! That is a lot of hard work.

Kim said...

Ryan you are such a cute, gushing dad. I love your "over-the-moon" and pride in Anna. Andrew really is so darling. Hope you are all well and you get lots and lots of rest. Love you!

Lisa Rampton Halverson said...

So happy Andrew is here! He really is beautiful. Congrats to all of you but especially to Anna, for doing the hard work!

leah said...

huge congrats, halversons!!! :) he is absolutely, positively perfect! :)

Abigail said...

YAY!!! I love him already.

Becca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becca said...

**Typo on the last comment so trying to fix it :)**

Congratulations! He definitely fits the Halverson mold in more ways than one! Sounds like a great delivery and timing!!

Three of our 4 kids are on the 29th of a month, all but Hannah who was born on the 8th (but it's her grandma's birthday - so we count it as still being special). Love it when that happens!

Such a great looking family you guys have!!

Amber Lanae- said...

Congratulations! You guys have the cutest boys ever! I still remember when Oliver was so little. Enjoy your new Christmas present! Good Job Anna for all your hard work! Love you!

Anne-Marie said...

Sounds like our number threes had similar entrances into the world. I'm thrilled for you. How fun to have three darling little boys!

Anna, you're an amazing woman and mother! I'm glad your mom's there.

I look forward to meeting Andrew. I love that name by the way.

toni said...

I love this post- beautiful photography, sweet writing. Andrew is a little doll. His squishy little face is perfect. Congratulations Halversons!

toni said...

I love this post- beautiful photography, sweet writing. Andrew is a little doll. His squishy little face is perfect. Congratulations Halversons!

Fisher Family said...

Beautiful, beautiful baby! Way to go Anna! Congratulations you guys. We couldn't be happier for you!

Aaron Ross Andersen said...

My heartiest congratulations! I was driving laps around the hospital, just in case I was somehow needed. Also, I think you went with the second-best possible name, which, all things considered, was probably the right choice.

Jessie said...

Oohh he is just precious! Congrats to the Halverson family! Way to go Anna on the au natural birth...I know how hard that is, but so gratifying. Merry Christmas!

annie said...

congratulations! he's adorable and he looks just like his brothers.
you're awesome, anna.

Heather S said...

Anna and Ryan, he is beautiful! I am so glad that everthing went smoothly. (and that your mom's flight was not delayed :))

Congrats on the birth you wanted and such a healthy little man.

We all send our love and hope this Christmas is joyous.

Love, Heather

jweed said...

precious! andrew is just as handsome as his brothers. and how nice of him and the others to coordinate their birthdays. easy street! way to go, anna!

riam said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! We are cooing and ooohing over the blog and pictures. Loads of love to you, Riam & Eric

Alana said...

Wow- no epidural. I don't know if I'll ever be woman enough for that. Those stats are a riot, so much the same. Yeah!I love little bald/ blond boys.

Cristi said...

He's so handsome! Congrats to you all and way to go Anna. A great accomplishment and a happy healthy baby! (Hooray!)

Lauren and Josh said...

Congratulations Halversons!! How fun 3 boys!! He is so precious, and Anna is a champ! We miss you guys. Hope all is well!

Robin said...

That is amazing how similar their stats are. the 17th must be your number...start buying lotto tickets now! I am proud of you anna for going natural. that was my goal with Shelby...I didn't succeed. Next time I hope!