The economy may be in tatters but I woke up this morning with a smile on my face. No, not because Obama is at the helm, although that does make me smile, but because I DIDN'T wake up at any point in the night to comfort a crying child. This miraculous event has occurred for five nights running so I finally feel like I can write about and I won't jinx it. Our secret? We put Elliot to bed in the sensory deprivation chamber (our walk-in closet) and we leave the hall light on and the door wide open to the boys' room for Oliver. This seems to work wonders for both of them.
In other positive news, it has been weeks since Elliot last spit up all over me. No more stinky cheese smell, no more stained shirts, no more gross puddles on the floor and furniture, no more humiliation when I see pictures of me like the one below and realize that spit up doesn't "dry clear". What was I thinking???
Can we make these changes stick? Yes we can!
7 comments:
I love it Anna! I can SOOOOO relate. Emmeline slept a record 9 hours last night (first 6 hour stretch of sleep for me in months). I also woke up with a huge smile on my face (after the panicked...."did she die?" face). It was only one night though....surely it won't last....but no harm in being happy for the moment.
yes we can!
Haha, you look like a true Mom in the picture. Congrats those are great changes!
I have never once thought you smelled like stinky cheese.
I can handle anything as a mom as long as I get an uninterrupted night's sleep. Without it, things get ugly. I hope it keeps up for you!
your smile overshadowed the stain on your shirt!!!
Enough can't be said about a good nights sleep. Way to go boys!
HEY! My baby Stella was a spitter, too. She was constantly spitting up all OVER the place! And all over all of us, too. It drove us all nuts; we really never saw anything like it. It really was remarkable that she grew at all--because I was sure everything she ever drank came right back up. I am glad to know I am not the only one who's worn dried spitup on my shirt unknowingly!!! But it looks good on ya'! ;-)
Post a Comment