Wednesday, September 26, 2007

San Francisco Days, San Francisco Nights


We three packed up our bags and headed west last week for a week-long sojourn in California. The impetus for the trip was my dear friend Desi's wedding in Healdsburg, but we decided to extend our trip so we could see friends/family/San Francisco. Here are some of the highlights of our trip:
  • meeting our newest cousin/nephew, Taylor and Lisa's adorable two-week-old son, David

  • eating clam chowder out of a sourdough bread bowl with Doug and Katrina Spencer at Fisherman's Wharf, introducing Ollie to the resident sea lions

  • climbing to the top of Russian Hill with Emily Williams, and getting the insider's tour of SF

  • falling in love with the "gourmet ghetto" in Berkeley; we are so jealous that Katrina and Doug live in foodie heaven--a block from The Cheese Board, Chez Panisse (ground zero of the "Delicious Revolution",) and the all organic North Berkeley Farmer's Market.

  • walking among the largest* trees in the world in Sequoia National Park (*to be completely accurate, the Giant Sequoias are not the tallest, nor the broadest, but apparently, they take the cake in total biomass...so there you have it.)

  • reconnecting with great friends from college (Ryan's and mine)

  • dancing until midnight at Desi's wedding (Ollie was back at the hotel with a babysitter)

Ryan and Geoff looking tough in Sequoia
The steps above Emily's cottage on Russian Hill. Ollie loved SF for the infinite stair climbing opportunities, he was inexhaustible!
Emily and me in front of the foggy Golden Gate Bridge
Haidee, Kara and Karina at Desi's rehearsal dinner

Auburn, Desi, me and Kirstin
Ryan and me in my (cute, I think) bridesmaid's dress
Desi looked BEEEEAUTIFUL, here with bridesmaids Auburn and Kirstin

4 comments:

Robin said...

I love reading your blog. You guys are an adorable family. Sounds like it was fun to catch up with so many friends in San Fran. I didn't know that Katrina and Doug were living there.. I am jealous. Anna you look more beautiful than ever!

Rebecca said...

I love reading your blog and looking at your pictures. You guys take some amazing photographs. I also noticed that you guys know Jeff Shumway. We were in the same ward at BYU and worked together at Novell for a summer. What a small world! It sounds like you guys are doing well.

Take care,
Rebecca Norman

Mariah Robins said...

Excuse me, but The Robins Family was in San Fran the 26-30th of September eating sourdough breadbowls are Boudins too. I can't believe we just missed each other. You do look great in the green dress. I am glad things are going well. We just found out today that I am having another little boy!!! Yahoo. We love and miss you guys a lot.

Rachel said...

I am green with envy, not the pretty green like your dress! I love your blog because the Halverson life is full of much excitement and travel, unlike our life LOL. Rachel