We gave Ollie his first haircut on Monday night. Believe it or not these are the "after" pictures! He was getting a pretty shaggy look so we decided to give him a trim in the back and around his ears. Ryan wanted to keep his hair long on top, which is pretty cute, but it's also why it's hard to tell that he has gotten a haircut in these pictures.
The haircut itself was a total fiasco. Ryan has been cutting his own hair (notice his newly shorn locks) for the last few weeks. He is down to the #2 blade every Saturday morning. So, naturally, he thinks he's a pro. And then I think I know what I'm doing, too (based on no prior haircutting experience, just a deep-seated, and in this case misguided, sense of know-it-all-ism.) Anyway, we cut very few hairs, just enough too look sort of strange and uneven in the back. Although, I must give Ryan his props, he did a good job, and any errant clips are definitely my work. The good news is that we didn't cut too much so it's not very noticeable
Ollie is satisfied with the results and gives that cute boy in the mirror a kiss.
6 comments:
So cute! First hair cut is exciting and traumatic and your description was so funny. We've gotten to the point that if we make major screw ups - oh well! Jaron is currently sporting a crazy hair cut. It always grows back though. Also so cute to see Ollie doing sign language. I've got to keep up with reading your blog.
Love,
Kim
PS I'm sure Clark is envious of Ryan's haircut - he's been wanting to do that for years.
So cute Anna! Love it, Ben is down to the 3"- he says when there is bed head that is when he cuts it again, oh to be a boy - so easy!
I don't know which hairdo I like better, father or son. That Ollie is a cute kid! I miss you guys so much. It's good to see you are doing well. Take care, Your friendly neighborhood dentist, Dr. Robins
Sooo cute! Love the haircut, he looks very dapper. :) and i love the pic of him giving kisses in the mirror. walker does the same thing, he just can't get enough of that cute boy staring back at him.
Anna, You did a great job! I miss you guys so much I can't believe it's been almost 2 years. Ollie is so cute! I love reading your blog, it great to keep updated on you guys. Check out ours bennionverity.blogspot.com
Also, we just moved and found out Ryan bro (Ty) is in our ward, small world. Let us know if you guys come to MN for a visit we would love to see ya!
Love, Jes Bennion
Sorry I ment TJ not Ty.
Love, Jes
Post a Comment