Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Take Me Out to The Ball Game

Ryan and I both love going to minor league baseball games in the summer. It is so much more fun than the majors (probably because it feels like we are the only ones there who aren't in some way related to one of the players!) We love the corny announcing, the earnestness of the players hoping to get called up to the majors and just the small-time, home-town feel of those games. When we lived in Richmond we could walk to "The Diamond" to watch the Richmond Braves. Now we root for the Durham Bulls. We saw them play the Norfolk Tides a few weeks ago on a gorgeous Friday night. Oliver LOVED it. I don't know if he was watching the players, the jumbo-tron or just spacing out but he was completely transfixed.


Mom, don't bug me, can't you see I'm watching the game!!


No comments: